Today is one more sleep and then it is school holidays.
Am I scared?
A little… and that is a rookie thing to be. Scared that is, not a rookie at parenting.
The First Rule Of Parenting
The first rule of parenting, or taking care of the children, is that those snot-flickers can smell fear. It’s part of their DNA, so we can’t really blame them. It’s mother nature’s fault.
Back to first rule: Do not ever tell your children that it is a special day and that they must behave. Something ticks over in the brain and then there it is. The glazed look and twinkle in their eye … CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
“I will do everything opposite to what my lovely parent has asked of me”
Said in an evil whisper.
How To Get What I Want
I want this holiday to be an adventure for the girls and I, so I will not tell them how much I want this to work out.
It has been a massive struggle this term to get into some sort of routine and begin the Grade One chapter in Miss K’s life. It is important that she does not see me as the headmistress from Matilda – the book by Ronald Dahl. Even though I do like me some chocolate cake.
I want Miss K and I to have a relationship. We need to have fun as a family and bring some laughter. That would be laughter from me. The constant worry is making me age, but that’s a topic for another post.
I will not tell them I want it to be fun and exciting cos then it is back to those “Challenge accepted” eyes.
Thanks to Adventure Clubs some of my anxiety is relieved. Adventure Clubs is an app that makes me kind of jealous (okay a lot jealous). The concept is brilliant and now I have goals to be a leader one day when I am bigger.
When we arrived The Adventure Club leaders were so fun and so helpful in getting us seated before the show. Most importantly they understand the different moods and listening skills of a young child. It helped in my anxiety levels being on a healthy 3 out of 10 and not the usual 300 out of 10. I could relax.
The girls and I went to see the Tale of Peter the Wolf performed by Musical Maestro at Skoobs, the amazing bookshop in Monte Casino. My lovely techno-phobe friend joined us and we really had the best day out at Monte Casino.
RSVP, Pay, Show up and Make Memories
Whether you love or hate craft challenges or arranging play dates for everyone this makes it that much easier. RSVP, pay, show up and spend time making memories with your child in the Adventure Club community. The best part is it takes the admin out of arranging playdates as everyone can do the easy admin on their side.
Here are some pics of our outing. Please excuse my duck face. I would have tried harder had I known I was being watched.
What you need to know about Adventure Clubs:
- It is easy to download. It is a free mobile app. This is a fact: I made a technologically challenged friend download it and book an outing in December. The good news it was so easy to do. She did not break into a sweat and I think she may have secretly given herself a high five.
– Download it here from the App Store
– Download it here from Google Play
- Once you have downloaded the app. The next step is to browse through the local adventures, then choose the adventure that appeals to your family. RSVP for your chosen adventure, make your payment and you will be provided with an e-ticket within the app.
- It is really pretty to look at and easy to use.
- You get to win at parenting! Really! Now this one speaks for itself. Be a winner today.
- Adventures are offered at different days and times, so regardless of each family’s school, work or extracurricular activities there is an adventure to suit your family.
Tomorrow I sit down and write up a list of Holiday magic activities I hope to achieve. Bucket lists and lists in general make me so happy.