Zola Maseko’s The Whale Caller, is a fascinating story based on Zakes Mda’s bestselling novel.
It is an enchanting, romantic comedy of sorts, told through lyrical and magical storytelling. The film is set against the backdrop of the stunningly beautiful Hermanus, on the West Coast of South Africa. The story follows The Whale Caller (Sello Maake ka-Ncube), a man who has long turned his back on humanity. It’s a heart -warming tale about his journey from misanthropic alienation to human connection, driven by a unique love triangle between him and Saluni (Amrain Ismail-Essop), the wispy sexy town drunk who harbours ideas of grandeur, and Sharisha, a southern right whale.
The film will be released in cinemas, nationwide, on 13 October, and is distributed by Ster-Kinekor Entertainment. The Whale Caller has already won Best African Film at the Jo’burg Film Festival!
I have been invited to attend the Premier of this beautiful film and I get to take two people with. So in order to join me head on over to my twitter page, Instagram and Facebook page. Like and share the post using the hashtag #TheWhale Caller. To say that I am excited would be an understatement. An evening surrounded by pure talent and awesomeness that is right here on our South African doorstep. Yip Africa runs in my veins.
The prize is two tickets to the Premiere of The Whale Caller at Ster-Kinekor, Eastgate Mall.
- Winner must be within Johannesburg, South Africa and be available to attend #TheWhaleCaller premiere on 27 September 2017.
- The tickets are not transferable
- The invitation to the premiere will be emailed to the winner upon receipt of valid email address
- If a valid email address is not received within 48 hours, another winner will be selected
- Prize winner will only be selected from entries who have used the #TheWhaleCaller hashtag
- Only one winner will be selected
- Winner will be notified via a comment on the winning platform or via a mention or direct message on the winning platform
- The winner will be selected randomly from one of the social platforms
- Closing date of the competition is 22 September 2017 and the winner will be notified before the 25th of September 2017.
- By entering of the online competition, you agree to having your name published online and have any images you posted shared across the social media platforms
- The tickets are not transferable for cash
- The tickets are not returnable to Ster-Kinekor Entertainment
- Entrants must be 13 years of older and can be asked to prove age via identity document