Something you may or may not know about me. I had surgery in my abdomen which has resulted in me spending A LOT of time on the loo.
Depending where you are in life the topic of poop is a yay or nay when chatting with friends. If you have children a whole afternoon could be spent discussing poop. Nothing is off limits to moms when discussing their children’s poop; the smell, texture and of course the colour.
However, the poop conversation becomes more of a taboo subject between young lovers because nobody poops and that could spoil the image you have of your hunky or sexy partner.
I only write about products I have tried and trust so this post is a shout out to Domestos. I truly believe it has helped and assisted me when it comes to my marriage vows. You know … the vows that say in sickness and in health.
Did I mention I spend a lot of time in the loo?
Due to this having spent a lot of time in loos even when pregnant it appeared using my bladder was my girls way of getting their “womb-work out” so cleanliness and germ busting is the way forward for me. I am happy to forward some
Germ Busting Tips from DOMESTOS:
Germs and bacteria are prone to spread around the home, work and play areas, therefore it is imperative that we practice healthy habits to keep germs at bay. Germs can be passed from person to person or indirectly by touching unclean equipment or surfaces. Therefore, it is important to remember the following germ busting and prevention tips.
Stopping the Spread of Germs at Home, Work & School
- Wash Your Hands
- Don’t share dinnerware when sick
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing
- Shut your toilet seat before flushing
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects at home and work regularly
- Use disposable cloths or paper towels when possible.
- Re-usable cloths should be disinfected after each use
- Use a lavatory cleaner and brush every few days.
- Keep the lavatory seat, handle and rim clean by using a disinfectant.
- Hygienically clean baths and sinks frequently.
- Use disinfectant in the home if someone is ill
- Keep pet food separate from human food.
- Always wash your hands after touching animals, their food, toys, cages and litter trays.
- Wash the little one’s lunch box daily
Domestos tips for moms on keeping their toilet clean
- Keep mold and mildew (mold) at bay: these can trigger allergic reactions, so use Bleach in the corners of the bath and shower and in any other areas that are prone to mildew.
- Let air flow: every time you have a shower, leave the door open afterwards to allow for some airflow. This will help to dry out the shower quicker and slow down mold growth. Open window too, and keep your bathroom fresh and airy.
- Choose liquid soap: a bar of soap can easily become a home for germs, so go for liquid soap when washing hands and go for body wash when in the bath or shower.
- If someone’s been sick or had diarrhoea: make sure that you give your toilet a blast of Domestos Multipurpose Thick Bleach round the rim and anywhere else where hands frequently touch – such as taps and the toilet handle.
- Avoid blockages: pour Domestos Multipurpose Thick Bleach down plugholes and drains on a regular basis to prevent the build-up of residue in your pipes.
- Use separate towels and facecloths: if someone has an infection, wash their laundry separately to that of the rest of the family.
Domestos Competition Time
In honour of Domestos helping my marriage I am giving away a Domestos parcel. Do you want to win all you need to do is comment on my blog and share your cleaning hack? why not spread the love (and not germs) and invite friends to subscribe to my blog. The winner will be announced on Friday the 13th -seems as good time as ever.
Competition T’s & C’s:
- The winner’s names will be published within 3 days of the closing date via our social media links and website and will be emailed.
- If winners do not claim the prize within 48 hours, they automatically forfeit the prize and a new winner will be selected.
- Winners will be contacted by the sponsor to arrange delivery of the prize. Prizes are not transferable and can’t be paid out in cash
- This prize is valid to people residing in South Africa.
- To be eligible you need to have commented on this post.